Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Twitter

 
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Global Warming?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Global Warming?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2013
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 8:36am
Got this for you today,
 
 
In keeping with the referrals to biased sources, I've posted a "left of centre" site and a blog all in one! It's utter perfection!
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Back to Top
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Mar 07 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 3475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 11:36am


Back to Top
dad0f3 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2010
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dad0f3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:


If you dispute things like carbon dating; you don't believe in science.  If you think Dinosaurs walked the Earth with man; you don't believe in science.

No name calling.  It's just a statement. 

Making a “statement” like “you don’t believe in science” is your way of insulting me and if you claim otherwise, you’re a liar.   

 

So according to you, if a person doesn’t believe every theory or truth posited by “science” (whatever that is), you don’t believe in it?  Who’s “science”?  There are lots of people who call themselves scientists.  There are plenty of disagreements within the scientific community about all kinds of issues.  Which one’s do I have to believe to demonstrate that I believe in science?   There are innumerable things that fall into the category of “science”.  There is no one clearinghouse of all things considered scientific truth, so this is a nonsense argument and a way to insult and discredit someone who disagrees with you.        

If it matters, seek the truth.
Back to Top
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8186
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by dad0f3 dad0f3 wrote:

Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:


If you dispute things like carbon dating; you don't believe in science.  If you think Dinosaurs walked the Earth with man; you don't believe in science.

No name calling.  It's just a statement. 

Making a “statement” like “you don’t believe in science” is your way of insulting me and if you claim otherwise, you’re a liar.   

 

So according to you, if a person doesn’t believe every theory or truth posited by “science” (whatever that is), you don’t believe in it?  Who’s “science”?  There are lots of people who call themselves scientists.  There are plenty of disagreements within the scientific community about all kinds of issues.  Which one’s do I have to believe to demonstrate that I believe in science?   There are innumerable things that fall into the category of “science”.  There is no one clearinghouse of all things considered scientific truth, so this is a nonsense argument and a way to insult and discredit someone who disagrees with you.        





Oh brother

Always a victim. 

It's ALWAYS about someone attacking you.  Sounds real  familiar. 

I never said anything about EVERY theory; I mentioned two specifically and I stand by those statements. 

The scientific community does not disagree about the Earth being billions of years old or weather or not dinosaurs walked the earth with man.   Sorry it's just NOT the case. 

As far as the name calling you have it all wrong.  If I wanted to call you a name I would call you it; I don't speak in code.  I'm not passive aggressive like many; I say what I think. 

You can twist my words into whatever it is you desire but I've called you no names up until this next sentence.  Stop lying and stop being a baby. 

See I called you a baby....that's a name...now are you happy?












Back to Top
dad0f3 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2010
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dad0f3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:



Oh brother

Always a victim. 

It's ALWAYS about someone attacking you.  Sounds real  familiar. 

I never said anything about EVERY theory; I mentioned two specifically and I stand by those statements. 

The scientific community does not disagree about the Earth being billions of years old or weather or not dinosaurs walked the earth with man.   Sorry it's just NOT the case. 

As far as the name calling you have it all wrong.  If I wanted to call you a name I would call you it; I don't speak in code.  I'm not passive aggressive like many; I say what I think. 

You can twist my words into whatever it is you desire but I've called you no names up until this next sentence.  Stop lying and stop being a baby. 

See I called you a baby....that's a name...now are you happy?
You sound gotten to cm.....I'm not a victim.  The only person who ever "attacks me" here is you (which doesn't bother me personally, I'd just prefer your nonsense not go unchecked on principle.)  And you didn't refute a single thing I wrote.  Your litmus test for being a "believer in science" is still belief in an ancient universe which I have never even taken a position on.   In fact, I clearly stated I didn't really know.  I didn't twist anything, I didn't lie, I quoted you exactly.  Those are your exact words.  And I'm simply saying you're stupid for believing that.  There, I called you stupid.  Are you happy?
If it matters, seek the truth.
Back to Top
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8186
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 3:57pm
Gotten to?

In your dreams maybe.

I'm very comfortable which side of this debate I'm on.

Further more I didn't attack you. I didn't say a word to you. You came at me. I don't speak with you in general because it's a waste of time.

What is amazing to me is you believe in many things which require faith with zero evidence and dispute items with mountians of evidence.

Either way..you haven't gotten me..whatever the heck that means.




Back to Top
dad0f3 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2010
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dad0f3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:

What is amazing to me is you believe in many things which require faith with zero evidence and dispute items with mountians of evidence.
Zero evidence??  I think not.  I'm not the one who believes something can come from nothing or life from non-life.  That's worse than believing in a higher power.  That's magic...but also a discussion for another time.  
If it matters, seek the truth.
Back to Top
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8186
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 9:12pm
Yeah my beliefs are magic.

You are something else.


The same voodoo magic they use to tell you how old the earth is and about things like global warming.

Pure, evil magic.

Word to Bill Nye


Back to Top
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council


Joined: Dec 31 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 5465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 11:02pm
CM, you are the Mark Zuckerberg of provocation. You continually create something out of nothing.
You are able to engage people in arguments about their own names.
Or even the perceived calling of a name.
Are you sure you're not an attorney?

Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 8:39pm

Mr Christy agrees that there has been some warming over time, but says man-made greenhouse gasses are not as big of a driver of climate change as many think -- and that many scientists are in denial about their mistakes.

‘I think in one sense the climate establishment is embarrassed by this, and so they're trying to minimize the problem,’ he said. ‘The fundamental thing a climate model is supposed to predict is temperature. And yet it gets that wrong.’



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419557/Climate-change-models-accurate-study-finds-widely-overestimated-global-warming.html#ixzz2ejEk9NyT 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Back to Top
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2013
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 8:38am
OK everyone, all bickering aside. Here's a thought.
 
Let's assume one of two scenarios:
 
1. Climate Change/Global Warming/Global Cooling is some kind of scam/conspiracy/liberal concept/conservative concept - so what? What's the big deal? You're telling me that dumping less pollution, and being more aware of our impact on the environment is a bad thing? Really? I'm sorry, but if recycling some of my waste, using less electric, and getting better MPG's while at the same time decreasing emissions is a conspiracy or scam of some sort - I'm in. I don't understand how ANYONE could be against being proactive at protecting the environment or being more responsible with how we handle our waste.

I understand the fears that implementation of some laws or regulations regarding it may, MAY, cause an increase in expenses/taxes/time/etc.etc., but again - is that really a problem? Again, what's the problem with taking care of the environment.
 
2. Let's assume that its not a scam/conspiracy - everyone who has said it was, or has made a strong stance rallying against it - just lost big time.
 
 
I honestly dont think its a scam, but I do think that a lot of what we are experiencing is cyclical. However, I really doubt dumping tons of pollution into the land, air, and water is helping much.
 
I may be young, but I remember distinctly when I was growing up how different the weather is now. I don't remember having drought after drought and then suddenly having tornadoes and unprecedented hurricanes. I remember coming home from school in the spring, and almost every day having to go inside because of a thunderstorm...now that seems like a rarity.
 
My point is, even if its all hokum - name a legitimate reason for not caring for the environment, which we all share and live in.
 
 
GO
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 10:09pm
OK everyone, all bickering aside. Here's a thought.
 
Let's assume one of two scenarios:
 
1. Climate Change/Global Warming/Global Cooling is some kind of scam/conspiracy/liberal concept/conservative concept - so what? What's the big deal? You're telling me that dumping less pollution, and being more aware of our impact on the environment is a bad thing? Really? I'm sorry, but if recycling some of my waste, using less electric, and getting better MPG's while at the same time decreasing emissions is a conspiracy or scam of some sort - I'm in. I don't understand how ANYONE could be against being proactive at protecting the environment or being more responsible with how we handle our waste.
Nobody is against reducing pollution or waste, we are against the government taxing the crap out of us so they have more money to blow on totally worthless programs that do no good in the scare tactic of global warming. 

I understand the fears that implementation of some laws or regulations regarding it may, MAY, cause an increase in expenses/taxes/time/etc.etc., but again - is that really a problem? Again, what's the problem with taking care of the environment.
Nothing until it is so intrusive that you completely destroy an energy source without replacing it with something that can actually keep up with needs. Wind power is worthless and soon we will see the massive waste on and ancient technology the retards just cant get that it never produces enough energy to even break even on the energy it cost to produce and care for said windmill.
 
2. Let's assume that its not a scam/conspiracy - everyone who has said it was, or has made a strong stance rallying against it - just lost big time.
 
 
I honestly dont think its a scam, but I do think that a lot of what we are experiencing is cyclical. However, I really doubt dumping tons of pollution into the land, air, and water is helping much.
Guess we should fill all the volcanos with cement because they dump more than all man could ever think of.
 
I may be young, but I remember distinctly when I was growing up how different the weather is now. I don't remember having drought after drought and then suddenly having tornadoes and unprecedented hurricanes. I remember coming home from school in the spring, and almost every day having to go inside because of a thunderstorm...now that seems like a rarity.
Funny since the last few years have been some of the quietest years with regards to hurricanes and tornadoes. Have you thought that its just not that many years ago we didnt get 24 hr worldwide news shoved down our throats so we didnt pay as much attention to what was really going on. 
 
My point is, even if its all hokum - name a legitimate reason for not caring for the environment, which we all share and live in.
 
 
GO
The very last thing that will help with any of the above is giving the government more money while putting more people out of jobs for a false science that is not even close to understanding the climate.
Back to Top
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 8186
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 7:53am
Oh brother

False science is now blamed on job loses?

This is funny.

Just call it what it is Bob...it's magic.
Back to Top
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Mar 07 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 3475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:28pm


PA = per annum (per year)
Back to Top
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Mar 07 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 3475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:29pm
Man I swear,  have the hardest time putting images on here. Either they keep not being able to be loaded or when I finally can load them, they appear broken
Back to Top
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Mar 07 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 3475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:30pm

Try it again
Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 6:50pm
Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 6:57pm
Looks like since 1954 not much has really changed.


Back to Top
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2013
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:38am
bob - you need some basic instruction on interpreting stats. That graph further illustrates that you are in the wrong, there are outliers all over the place making it essentially a useless graph. sorry dude
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Back to Top
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Mar 07 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 3475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:27am
So Bob, using your graphs, your statement: "Funny since the last few years have been some of the quietest years with regards to hurricanes and tornadoes. Have you thought that its just not that many years ago we didnt get 24 hr worldwide news shoved down our throats so we didnt pay as much attention to what was really going on. "

is still wrong. 2011 wasn't that quiet.
Back to Top
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2013
Location: Monroe
Status: Offline
Points: 1542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 10:22am
Also, looking into a little deeper - you see an increase in tornadoes (because tornadoes are the ultimate indicator of our climatic issues) shortly after implementation of the clean air act...then what happens? This same occurence drops until regulations are loosened...again - furthering the point that something is going on...that's just one thing to point out.
 
I still insist, you don't have to "believe" in climate change...but eventually reality will hit hard.
 
And if it is some sort of left/liberal conspiracy? What conspiracy? To take care of the planet, make our air and water safe to ingest, and leave a healthy world for future generations...wow - what a horrible thing.
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Back to Top
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council


Joined: Dec 31 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 5465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 2:39pm
There was a great documentary on recently which spoke to just this very point.
Sharknado.
Enough said.
Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:59pm
Looking at that chart is shows things REALLY have NOT changed since 1954. We have good years and bad years but nothing is really that different. You libtards are constantly trying to hold up left wing talking points to fleece more money out of people your not solving anything.

Go to china if you wanna stop pollution!
Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:24pm

CLIMATE CHANGE GLOSSARY

PEER REVIEW: The act of banding together a group of like-minded academics with a funding conflict of interest, for the purpose of squeezing out any research voices that threaten the multi-million dollar government grant gravy train.

SETTLED SCIENCE: Betrayal of the scientific method for politics or money or both.

DENIER: Anyone who suspects the truth.

CLIMATE CHANGE: What has been happening for billions of years, but should now be flogged to produce ‘panic for profit.’

NOBEL PEACE PRIZE: Leftist Nutcase Prize, unrelated to “Peace” in any meaningful way.

DATA, EVIDENCE: Unnecessary details. If anyone asks for this, see “DENIER,” above.

CLIMATE SCIENTIST: A person skilled in spouting obscure, scientific-sounding jargon that has the effect of deflecting requests for “DATA” by “DENIERS.” Also skilled at affecting an aura of “Smartest Person in the Room” to buffalo gullible legislators and journalists.

JUNK SCIENCE: The use of invalid scientific evidence results

Back to Top
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen


Joined: Feb 12 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 7:31pm
Climate change it's not science it's political propaganda.

Several governments who fund the body have since complained about how the issue is tackled in the report.

Germany called for the reference to the slowdown to be deleted, saying a time span of 10-15 years was misleading in the context of climate change, which is measured over decades and centuries.

The US also urged the authors to include the "leading hypothesis" that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean.

Belgium objected to using 1998 as a starting year for any statistics. That year was exceptionally warm, so any graph showing global temperatures starting with 1998 looks flat, because most years since have been cooler.

While Hungary worried the report would provide ammunition for sceptics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10322332/Climate-scientists-urged-to-cover-up-slow-in-global-warming-it-is-claimed.html


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

The Voice | Weather | Advertisers | Advertising Information | Lending Library | Monroe Church Directory

Archived Monroe News From: 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011

Website Design © Xponex Web and Media Services | Contact | Terms of Use | Copyright ©2012 MainStreetMonroe.com