Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Break ins 6/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nicky1123 View Drop Down
Voice Immigrant
Voice Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicky1123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Break ins 6/13
    Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 1:34pm

I live in Monroe Crossings (the townhomes across from the old Americana). Never had a problem. This morning I realized by Jeep had been broken into. I called the police department and was told there were numerous break-ins in that area last night. Not sure if advising locking your doors is the best advice (they would just break the window)....I would suggest removing all visible items that these thieves would want. So angry about this!!!!! If anyone knows anything...please report to the police ASAP!

itbedave View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itbedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 2:46pm
Thanks for the notice!
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:02pm
It is the season of break in's with windows closed and the AC running...........fn scumbags.
Jared View Drop Down
Voice Immigrant
Voice Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:41pm
They are like cockroaches, they are everywhere in Monroe. I had something stolen out of my vehicle last summer.
eahrman View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eahrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 11:06am
I just found out from a friend of mine that this past week, someone got into her car and used her garage door opener to get in their garage door at 330 am in Colonial Manor.  Police chased the suspect but did not catch them.    She said there was other car break ins the same night.    
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 3:56pm
I'm always amazed at the sheer number of cars parked on the street in Coloniel Manor for no other reason than their garage is filled with junk.

It's no excuse for a thief so don't take it like that.  but when you park your car in your garage having it broke into isn't something you have to lose sleep over.

zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 7:27am
^ great point
Buster View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:10am

Vandalism always increases during the Summer time, it doesn't matter if your windows are up or your car is in the garage.  If a thief wants to break in, they will. Get a dog, or get an alarm~ it May help.

cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Buster Buster wrote:

Vandalism always increases during the Summer time, it doesn't matter if your windows are up or your car is in the garage.  If a thief wants to break in, they will. Get a dog, or get an alarm~ it May help.

let me get this straight.

parking in a garage versus parking on the street makes zero difference as far as if you car gets broken into?

How many cars in Monroe have been broken into inside of a garage?  How many on the street?  I rest my case.

retiredmilitary View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredmilitary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:45am

Ok let’s see.............

Parking in the garage may help but if you have a two car garage and three cars = one outside.

One car garage, three cars = two outside. Hmmmmmm

Don't leave valuables in your car then if you happen to forget to lock it what can they get? NOTHING.

You can't build a garage to house all vehicles.

AND

Lord forbid if you have family out of town staying with you.

Tell them not to come because you don't have a garage to park their vehicle in.

LOCKS ARE ONLY TO KEEP HONEST PEOPLE HONEST!!!

And mine was broken into sitting in my driveway not the street!

cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:57am
That's genius.

who else could have figured out that you could not fit 3 cars in a 2 car garage?

or 2 cars in a 1 car garage for that matter?

Wow

My mind is blown. 

Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredmilitary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 6:06am
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:

That's genius.

who else could have figured out that you could not fit 3 cars in a 2 car garage?

or 2 cars in a 1 car garage for that matter?

Wow

My mind is blown. 

Read your stupid post and you will figure it out (maybe).

No forget it your a dumbass
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 7:52am
I bet a lot of people park on the street because they are to lazy to move their car from the driveway so the other car can get in the garage.

Going home is an obstacle course with cars parked on both sides of the street.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 9:30am
It sure is.  Colonial Manor Square can be quite bad at some times.

From what I have seen most don't park in their garages here because they are filled with things and can no longer accommodate cars.

and like I said...I'm not defending thieves by any stretch but cars inside garages tend not to get broken into.

I'm not sure there is any distinction between the street or ones drive way.  Both would seem just as susceptible to me.

Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 10:22am
Retiredmilitary/cmsquare- you two should just get it over with and do you know what...
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 10:33am
I was sticking to the topic.

I didn't come into this thread to resort to third grade name calling or stone throwing.

I'll pass on any interaction with retired in person; there is nothing to gain there at all.
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredmilitary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Max HC Max HC wrote:

Retiredmilitary/cmsquare- you two should just get it over with and do you know what...
Wouldn't waste the beer drinking time on him.

He could gain the knowledge that he doesn't need to live in a bubble and if he pulled his head out he could smell fresh air instead of the crap he posts!!

He would also understand that if a thief wanted something they will get it even if the vehicle is in the garage!!
Idefix View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idefix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by zapp2525 zapp2525 wrote:

I bet a lot of people park on the street because they are to lazy to move their car from the driveway so the other car can get in the garage.

Actually it is quite good - keeps the speeders driving slower.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by retiredmilitary retiredmilitary wrote:

Originally posted by Max HC Max HC wrote:

He would also understand that if a thief wanted something they will get it even if the vehicle is in the garage!!

I don't know why I bother sometimes but you are really missing the point here.

Here is where you are coming off the tracks.

These cars aren't being targeted because thieves have determined it is these cars that have the treasure in them.  They are targeted BECAUSE they are parked on the street.  They are low hanging fruit. 

Why risk someone hearing a garage break in when there is car after car on the street waiting for you?

You can say parking in a garage doesn't matter but until we have a rash of garage break ins at night where the target of such break in is items parked in a car I would say you are dead wrong. 

You risk of having your car being broken into goes up dramatically if you park on the street.  Argue it all you want.  That's a cold hard fact.

Now hurry up and call me whatever name you feel is necessary it is after all what you are best at. 

cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Idefix Idefix wrote:

Actually it is quite good - keeps the speeders driving slower.

There are other ways to combat speed.

When the cars parked on the road take up more room than cars driving on it we have a problem. 
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:07am
If caught is breaking into a car the same crime as breaking into the house (car in garage) ?  Don't think so

If I'm going into the garage I would probably skip the inside car junk and get a TV.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:09am

If caught is breaking into a car the same crime as breaking into the house (car in garage) ?  Don't think so

If I'm going into the garage I would probably skip the inside car junk and get a TV.

exactly.

Nobody is breaking into garages to get goods out of cars around here.  Let's be realistic.
JJFred View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:54am
I'm sure that people are breaking into garages, then breaking into the cars sitting in the garage, and then breaking into the glove box inside the car to steal their ice scrapers!  It's probably in all the Monroe Police reports, in between all the "checked gates at the cemetery" entries!  Wacko

Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredmilitary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:59am
"I'm always amazed at the sheer number of cars parked on the street in Coloniel Manor for no other reason than their garage is filled with junk."

So you are mad because I had to break it down for you bcause you know for a fact that all garages are filled with junk and that is the only reason they park in the street.

Flush again!!

zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 12:25pm
Maybe they drive beaters and don't want any oil stains on their driveway  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic