Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abandoned animals again....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abandoned animals again....
    Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 7:58am
Well they are at it again on Cincinnatii -Dayton Rd. They just dropped off 5 kittens at my office door thinking I am PAWS...Last week was puppies, the week before was kittens also....But I have surprise.....Cameras caught this one and this FatBoy run them down to get plate number .....ERW 2331 OH
MFD50 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFD50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 5:31pm
I hope you turned it into the police and let them take care of the problem.
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 5:47pm
Middletown PD will not do anything about it , The last time I called them on kittens in a 5 gallon bucket they told me it was my problem..
Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:20pm
Poff, where is your office located on Cin-Day Road?
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 12:01am
2806 Cin-Dayton rd
linette View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 8:04am
I believe PAWS is at the back of the lot and Poff is at the front.
Buster View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 1:35pm
It would be nice to know what Poff did with the kittens~
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 1:59pm
PAWS usually gets them .....and sometimes Rumpke gets them
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by linette linette wrote:

I believe PAWS is at the back of the lot and Poff is at the front.

I have the front building and the garage to the right as you pull in....PAWS entrance is to the left past the front building....
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 5:16pm
so they just placed the kittens on the wrong door?  Is that what happened?

Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:

so they just placed the kittens on the wrong door?  Is that what happened?

Wrong door??................They are not allowed to abandon animals on anyone's property, they sneak in early morning or late hours and drop them off so other people will have to deal with the mess. Overcrowding at all shelters is a problem, soon they will have to starting killing them. 
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 10:45pm

959.01 Abandoning animals.

No owner or keeper of a dog, cat, or other domestic animal, shall abandon such animal.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953

Whoever violates section 959.01 of the Revised Code or division (C) of section 959.131 of the Revised Code is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree on a first offense and a misdemeanor of the first degree on each subsequent offense.
Abandoning an animal can get ya jail time ....If the animal dies or is suffering would cruelty to an animal apply also..?
My biggest question I would like to know..........If you abandon 5 kittens, is each kitten a separate offense... 
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 12:09pm
shelters have been euthanizing animals since the beginning of time.  it's hardly anything new.

Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:

shelters have been euthanizing animals since the beginning of time.  it's hardly anything new.

Really......It is not a new concept? How stupid of me to think it was new.........

Really they have been wasting all that meat which could have been fed to the other animals to hold cost down...

I think I should put a large meat grinder out front with a sign ...Place all abandoned animals in here, the other animals hungry....

PAWS and other no kill shelters created this nightmare by trying to save every stray...   
Bob Kelley View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 2:39pm
The good news for you is PAWS is moving to a new facility. You won't have to spend money for that grinder or the sign.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:32pm
All I can really say is WOW.

Upper90 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:40pm
I can see that big meat grinder from the The Wall movie. Yuck. Along those same lines, did anyone see the stories last week about the dog meat celebrations in China? On a whim I decided to Google Images China dog meat and let's just say I was a little shocked. Man, if that is what is on the slab I will take the house salad please.
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 2:50am
AW...Upper it is just a cultural difference. Some of us here in the USA used to and still do slaughter our own animals to eat....Food does not always look like it does on a menu.  
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 3:11am
http://www.bukisa.com/articles/294021_is-there-dog-meat-in-dog-food
What they exposed was something that many people already knew – dead dogs were being used to make dog food. Many animal shelters are government run. They found a way of generating extra income and disposing of the animal bodies all at once. Sell them cheaply to a rendering plant

Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 10:39am
dustbunny1981 View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustbunny1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 3:21pm
Poff you are one sick individual.  We just had to put our beloved dog to sleep on Thursday and my heart is still breaking.  Animals don't ask to be abandoned and I am sickened by your post about meat grinders.  I hope and pray that you don't "find" any more animals...PAWS is a noble cause and our dog we just lost was a PAWS rescue.
Anything I state is my opinion ONLY and not in any way representative of anyone else in my family.
Respector View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Respector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 4:56pm
That was better than putting them in the dumpster.
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by dustbunny1981 dustbunny1981 wrote:

I hope and pray that you don't "find" any more animals...

Me Too...............
Poff View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by dustbunny1981 dustbunny1981 wrote:

Poff you are one sick individual.  .

I am sick.......................?? Well explain to me what someone is, who stuffs animals in 5 gallon buckets, and throws them on someone else's property for them to find and open ....Yea, I was kinda sick after popping that top on that bucket....Give me your number and I will call you to open the next one...Or better yet I will call you to clean the the blood and guts off my truck fans because an abandoned cat decided to find heat in there on a cold wintry morning....

Yes, these are harsh realities............Continue living in your candy coated world while some of us see the dregs of society perform their duties everyday..

dustbunny1981 View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustbunny1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 1:41pm

Harsh realities?  I live them every day.  I do NOT live in a candy coated world, and no i do not have a great job and lots of money either, but between my husband and i we worked 5 jobs to pay our bills.  I cannot help the "dregs" of society but you do not need to take delight in grinding animals up or throwing them in the dumpster, that just makes you more like them.

Anything I state is my opinion ONLY and not in any way representative of anyone else in my family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic