Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lights in the Sky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lights in the Sky
    Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 8:31am
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

MFD50 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFD50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 9:12am
These were the skydivers at Hook Field practicing their night sky diving. We watched them from our backyard until the went below the tree line.
blueblood View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 9:22am
Originally posted by MFD50 MFD50 wrote:

These were the skydivers at Hook Field practicing their night sky diving. We watched them from our backyard until the went below the tree line.

I saw it too! The initial light was weird, and hard to figure out by the action. Then, at approx. 25 degrees, from my vantage point, it broke into several lights similar to something re-entering the atmosphere. The degree of decent was inconsistent, however, and could be just what you described! They hung on the horizon for a long time though, and was quite a perplexing sight.

I thought they were finally coming back for me, as I have been expecting them for some time now. Wink

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
Mark Twain
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by MFD50 MFD50 wrote:

Nuh-uh, its a gov't conspiracy! They're coming for us!

LOLClap
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

psycodot View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psycodot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 2:07pm
We saw the lights Saturday at 9:30. Skydivers would be a good explanation - however we saw the initial large light while driving north on Cin-Dayton road in Bethany (near Ameristop). The light (which had then split) was to our left and was over the Liberty Township YMCA area west of Cin-Day road. Not sure why skydivers would be dropped over a residential neighborhood. We lost them in the treeline about 2 miles south of Monroe. Was a bad weather night for skydiving (for what it's worth).
MFD50 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFD50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 6:30pm
We saw them at the same time. They were prefectly north of us in line with Hook Field and we often see the landing lights of planes taking off and landing in the same direction. A lot of times during the day we can see them jumping out of the planes, free-falling, and then opening their chutes. Occasionally they will have a large American flag unfurled behind them.
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 8:03pm
I don't know whats more captivating. The video or the audio.

Female voice: Honey?

Silence.

Female voice: Honey? What is it?

Male voice: I dunno.

Female voice: You think its a UFO?

Silence.

And scene.
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Houndog Houndog wrote:

I don't know whats more captivating. The video or the audio.

Female voice: Honey?

Silence.

Female voice: Honey? What is it?

Male voice: I dunno.

Female voice: You think its a UFO?

Silence.

And scene.

Oh I know, I pulled it up at work and everyone came over to see why I was laughing....too funny.

Honu View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 11:41am
It was probably Obama sending in government agents to take more of our freedoms away.
" Free speech is intended to protect the controversial and even outrageous word; and not just comforting platitudes too mundane to need protection." - General Colin Powell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic