Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

checking in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: checking in
    Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 11:06am
With the snow we've had, the warmer temps coming in and thaw and freeze cycles going crazy - just thought I'd throw this out there:

How is everyone? Need help with anything?

We may be at odds with each other on a lot of the hotbutton issues, but we're all neighbors and good people regardless - if anyone needs help with anything, be it repairs or advice - let's lend a hand to each other.

That is all.
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

MFD50 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFD50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 5:02pm
You are just too nice not to be a Christian. That is the main theme that Jesus left His disciples with is to love your neighbor as you do yourself. Thanks for asking and I have been helping others too.

One thing I did not do though and it bothered me a little was during this last snow event when it was like 5 degrees out, snowing, and the wind was blowing. I had to pick up my wife at work and I got off at the Liberty Way exit and there was a woman standing beside the road at the light. I rolled down my window and started to read her sign which started like this "Single mother needing money ..." I did not get any farther because I asked her what she was doing on the side of the road in this weather and her reply was "Freezing!". I then asked why and she replied she needed money to get a hotel room for her and her two little girls. I told her to go to a homeless shelter and they would take her in. She said that they would not because she had two little girls. I then said that is not true they will take you and your girls. She said yeah and they will call Children's Services on me and take my kids away. I then stated no they won't unless you give them a reason to do that. I then told her that I would drop her and her kids off at a shelter and she declined. About this time the light turned and I had to move for the traffic behind me but I am pretty sure she had a car nearby because she was not dressed that heavy and did not seem wet from the snowfall.

I did not give her any money for I was afraid she would use it on drugs. I did offer her help but she refused it. I do not know what became of her.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by MFD50 MFD50 wrote:

You are just too nice not to be a Christian.

Why couldn't he be of another spiritual persuasion or even an atheist *GASP* and still be nice.

it's statements like that drive me bonkers.

Not all Christians are nice....and not all nice people are Christians.

Broseph View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by MFD50 MFD50 wrote:

You are just too nice not to be a Christian.

Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 10:24pm
Need help with nothing. Just cannot wait for the onset of Driveway Time. The solid eight month block that we can get out onto the driveway and stand and drink beer and wave at everyone passing and talk and laugh and postulate and listen to music and make general reverie.
This has been a long winter, number two of the longest winters of my life. Cannot wait for it to be over, an absolute new beginning of epic proportions.
Most on here never accept but I offer to anyone who reads this to stop by and we can meet in person. The Voice has brought me into contact with five persons that I still have occasional contact with and consider each one of them a welcome addition to my life experience.
Tom Birdwell....John Beagle...Steve Black...Bob Kelley and Honu. (I won't reveal your real name in case you wish not to make it known)

Open invite to pull some driveway time at the old Houndog residence.

Disclaimer: Side effects may include uncontrollable laughter, excessive off color movie quotation, obscure musical references, unnecessary kick starting of antique motorcycles, stretches of hours of 'Thank Gawd there's no HOA' and other unexplainable near misses.
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Houndog Houndog wrote:

Need help with nothing. Just cannot wait for the onset of Driveway Time. The solid eight month block that we can get out onto the driveway and stand and drink beer and wave at everyone passing and talk and laugh and postulate and listen to music and make general reverie.
This has been a long winter, number two of the longest winters of my life. Cannot wait for it to be over, an absolute new beginning of epic proportions.
Most on here never accept but I offer to anyone who reads this to stop by and we can meet in person. The Voice has brought me into contact with five persons that I still have occasional contact with and consider each one of them a welcome addition to my life experience.
Tom Birdwell....John Beagle...Steve Black...Bob Kelley and Honu. (I won't reveal your real name in case you wish not to make it known)

Disclaimer: Side effects may include uncontrollable laughter, excessive off color movie quotation, obscure musical references, unnecessary kick starting of antique motorcycles, stretches of hours of 'Thank Gawd there's no HOA' and other unexplainable near misses.

I can't wait for the warmer weather. I'll be dropping by with a few sodas as soon as we can all wear short sleeves.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 11:16am
I would like to join in - especially if you guys will dress like that and let me take a picture. Cool
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:34am
My wardrobe is little less Ralph Lauren and a lot more Ralph Cramden.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:06am
i think that outfit on the left was made for Beagle.

Honu View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Houndog Houndog wrote:

Just make sure some of that awesome music collection is available for some outdoor listening!
" Free speech is intended to protect the controversial and even outrageous word; and not just comforting platitudes too mundane to need protection." - General Colin Powell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic