Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fox 19 Anchor Back after Maddow Man Comment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fox 19 Anchor Back after Maddow Man Comment
    Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:53am

Fox 19 anchor back on the air after suspension for calling Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man' on Facebook

Tricia Macke, an Ohio news anchor for Fox 19, was suspended over disparaging comments she made about the MSNBC host on her personal Facebook page.

Tricia Macke of Fox 19 News and Rachel Maddow of MSNBCBY MEENA HART DUERSON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FOX NEWS/AP

Tricia Macke of Fox 19 News (l.) called MSNBC's Rachel Maddow an 'angry young man.'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/fox-anchor-suspended-calling-rachel-maddow-angry-young-man-article-1.1201800#ixzz2CJLovJql
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
Dannyboy View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dannyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:01pm
Ha!
vegasmayor View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:04pm
So what prompted the one lady to call the other lady an angry young man?  Was it because she has short hair?  Or is on TV?  Or wears pant suits?  Hey, wait a minute....
HRHPatey View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HRHPatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:26pm
Blimey, that's a bad photo of Tricia, she looks like the Supertanning Mom from New Jersey Wink

This story even made it to the International Online Newspapers, I read this in the Daily Mail a few days ago.

The question here (for me) is whether she should be penalized by her Employer for a comment she made on her personal facebook page.?  (Please do not think that I am agreeing with her position in any way)   As a journalist and a person who is aware of the power of social media one could question her choices in making such a statement, but surely she is free to have an opinion? 
If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.

vegasmayor View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:45pm
With respect, that's hardly an opinion.  An opinion would be, "I think that Rachel Maddow might have anger issues."  What she did is simply just good old fashioned, playground name-calling.  Now, does she have the right to that as a citizen?  Sure.  Does her contract at Fox somehow spell out that she can't?  Possibly, I have no idea.

I can only assume that Tricia Macke was referencing Maddow's appearance or sexual orientation.  Otherwise, why insert the "man" part of her comment?  

And Tricia Macke has already apologized.  So apparently she felt as if she did something wrong.  
HRHPatey View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HRHPatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:02pm
I didn't word that well...  I believe Ms. Macke was being mean spirited both with her intentions and the actual verbiage used, but what I guess I questioned was whether her Employer should have become involved with her personal FB comments.?

I suspect this is a moot point really, her 'personal' FB page is still an open page and viewable by anyone who chooses to look at it.   An example of why one must consider the audience and potential for repercussions when posting online.
If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.

blueblood View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:28pm
But she said it on a private website and was publicly punished by her employer. Left wing so called entertainers call  conservative personalities names that could only be said on cable (and not even there) and there are no repercussions at all. Yes, we are politically correct and fair and balanced NOT.

Just another example of the selling of America by the pound.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
Mark Twain
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:43pm
when you are a public figure there is no private facebook page.

if you want your mug on TV every night and the money that comes with it then you give up some other freedoms.  this is one of them.
Upper90 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:45pm
Wait, Jim Rome is a man and he is not that young.
bobpreston View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 9:56pm
ricky madcow has thrown its fair share of crap through the years have no sympathy 
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:35pm
If I said something on my personal facebook page that was offensive, I feel like I could and would be punished accordingly by my job.

This happens all of the time. I don't necessarily agree with it but employers are looking at your online persona so much more now. Anyone who has facebook or twitter should be careful about what they say on it.

blueblood View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blueblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:46am
There is, and always have been two sets of moral standards. One for the left and one for the right.

This is exactly why the Petraeus affair is a massive blackmale cover up, and most clearly see and understand whats happening here. Democrats don't resign over a scandalous affair, or most any other scandal for that matter! They run for reelection and win. Their track record is extensive and very saddening.

Mark Twain
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:57am
Originally posted by blueblood blueblood wrote:

There is, and always have been two sets of moral standards. One for the left and one for the right.

This is exactly why the Petraeus affair is a massive blackmale cover up, and most clearly see and understand whats happening here. Democrats don't resign over a scandalous affair, or most any other scandal for that matter! They run for reelection and win. Their track record is extensive and very saddening.

I'm not sure that's even remotely factually accurate. Weiner resigned yes? Elliott Spitzer? Did Larry Craig resign? 

Besides I thought Petraeus was a Republican? Remember how much the Democrats hated him a few years ago. General Betray Us? 

He's still testifying about Benghazi today anyway. So I'm not sure what the cover up is? 

cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:23am

no there aren't

that just flat out absurd. 

If anything this whole thing should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that conspiracy and cover-ups in this day and age just don't happen.

Here you have one of the most powerful men in the free world and he can't keep an affair quiet; yet many people think 9/11 was orchestrated from inside and the secret has been kept all along?

There is no coverup.  There is nothing more than a guy cheating on his wife who was in a pretty powerful job.  You can make it about the left and the right; but that really just adds to the root of the problem.  It's that mentality that won't allow for anything to move forward. 

blueblood View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blueblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by cmsquare cmsquare wrote:

no there aren't

If anything this whole thing should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that conspiracy and cover-ups in this day and age just don't happen.

Here you have one of the most powerful men in the free world and he can't keep an affair quiet; yet many people think 9/11 was orchestrated from inside and the secret has been kept all along?

There is no coverup.  There is nothing more than a guy cheating on his wife who was in a pretty powerful job.  You can make it about the left and the right; but that really just adds to the root of the problem.  It's that mentality that won't allow for anything to move forward. 

Really? What do you think he will say today? I'll give you a preview. NOTHING but the party line! Why? Because it is alleged, and we may never know, that the affair started while on active duty. What difference does that make you say? It opens him up for charges of conduct unbecoming an officer. And with that potential charge, at the discretion of this administration, they could strip him of all benefits and leave him with a lifetime financial security guaranteed, to absolutely nothing!

Faced with those choices, how much "truth" would you put forward?

Mark Twain
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:33pm

no there aren't

Really? What do you think he will say today? I'll give you a preview. NOTHING but the party line! Why? Because it is alleged, and we may never know, that the affair started while on active duty. What difference does that make you say? It opens him up for charges of conduct unbecoming an officer. And with that potential charge, at the discretion of this administration, they could strip him of all benefits and leave him with a lifetime financial security guaranteed, to absolutely nothing!

Faced with those choices, how much "truth" would you put forward?

Why are you so absolutely convinced that there is some big conspiracy here? What have you seen that makes you think that? 

As for the topic at hand. Let's all just be glad we don't live in the UK right?

Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:01am
Why do some refer to this woman as "Ricky Madcow"? I don't get it??? Can someone help me out on this? Just wondering...
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:12am
same reason they call anyone who thinks differently than them names.

they feel threatened.

Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:51am
Threatened by what? Bob Preston, what is the reason you refer to this woman by that name? Is it simply because of her views, or something else? Any explanation would great.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:00pm
threatened by someone who doesn't think the same cookie cutter way they do.

the person doesn't fit into the definitions their brain allow for so they attack

Bob Preston is FAR from the only person here whom when confronted with an idea different from their own starts calling names and turns into a bully.  He may be the biggest shinging example, but he is far from the only person.

Just saying....Wink
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Max HC Max HC wrote:

Threatened by what? Bob Preston, what is the reason you refer to this woman by that name? Is it simply because of her views, or something else? Any explanation would great.

Because it makes people like cmcubed get all whinny. 
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bobpreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:55pm

threatened by someone who doesn't think the same cookie cutter way they do.

the person doesn't fit into the definitions their brain allow for so they attack

Bob Preston is FAR from the only person here whom when confronted with an idea different from their own starts calling names and turns into a bully.  He may be the biggest shinging example, but he is far from the only person.

Just saying....Wink

LMFAO talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Lets talk about who has been kicked off of here for name calling and attacking people????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic