Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SWAT team in Monroe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWAT team in Monroe
    Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 6:38am
Situation on Conova unfolding now...

Helicopters involved...  
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 6:45am
Husband threatened family with gun. Family got out but guy barricaded in home.
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 6:54am
Police on the scene said an intoxicated man with a gun has barricaded himself inside the home with a gun. His wife and their three kids have fled from the residence at 357 Conova Drive. SWAT is now trying to get the man out of the house.

Read More at: http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/swat-team-called-out-monroe-18490.shtml
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 7:47am
He finally surrendered at about 7:30 a.m.
-Joseph Campbell
Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 8:45am
USA! USA! USA!
MFD50 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MFD50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 9:50am
So sorry to hear of a family that may be broken by this. I pray that he will be able to find some peace and restore his family back to a peaceful state. May God bless his family and give him the peace he needs to get through this ordeal. And may the God of Heaven comfort his family.
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 10:59am
I drove down Lebanon just as it was all breaking up. There was a very impressive and intense amount of personnel and firepower.

cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 11:08am
From the police or military?   Lol

One thing is for sure for the public and the police to me it seems, more guns is always the answer.

zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 11:44am
Better to have too many than not enough.

'Merica
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 11:47am
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/02/swat-situation-in-monroe/16573175/

Not sure how this happens when the house is surrounded.....................Taulbee was arrested after 8 a.m. when he walked past police on Lebanon Street at Conova Drive and tried to keep walking but an officer recognized him.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 12:37pm
Maybe they should stop with all the fire power and armored cars and invest in a pair of looking glasses.

zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 12:44pm
Or just post a few dudes by the windows and doors, since that's the most logical places to escape from a house, unless the dude has a Mexican style tunnel network through Monroe.
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 1:21pm
I knew my driveway sounded hollow 
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

monroeDad View Drop Down
Voice Resident
Voice Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monroeDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:03pm
SWAT was "summoned" at 3:50 AM.  Taulbee was found at 8 AM.  Please tell me they did this for four hours! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atks5rRqQkg

Also...  Love the use of the word "summon".  All sorts of cool Halloween-esqe images come to mind.  from now on I am not calling or texting anyone.  "I SUMMON YOU TO PICK THE KIDS UP FROM SOCCER PRACTICE!"
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:21pm
If the house is surrounded and you know the fugitive is in the house, then why do you need helicopters buzzing around at 6am? 

There was an extreme show of force from the air. I was impressed but now I'm tired from being woke up early.
-Joseph Campbell
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:32pm
None of it worked if the dude was found walking down the street Confused
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by zapp2525 zapp2525 wrote:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/02/swat-situation-in-monroe/16573175/

Not sure how this happens when the house is surrounded.....................Taulbee was arrested after 8 a.m. when he walked past police on Lebanon Street at Conova Drive and tried to keep walking but an officer recognized him.

So,  he apparently left the house between the 911 call and SWAT team/helicopter arriving.  Everyone on the outside thought he was still inside.  Sounds like a SNAFU for sure!!
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 2:57pm
O   S Censored T      Hey guys he's over here.........walking down the street.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

If the house is surrounded and you know the fugitive is in the house, then why do you need helicopters buzzing around at 6am? 

There was an extreme show of force from the air. I was impressed but now I'm tired from being woke up early.

Impressed?

Copters in the air; swat team on the ground and the guy gets out of the house and is walking down the street.  If that's true I really dont know what to say.

Maybe you haven't done the math on what it costs to put a copter in the air yet; I am guessing then you won't be as impressed. 

I'm all for safety; but if you don't think this is directly related to the conversation we were having about Ferguson and the police there a month ago you are mistaken.
Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2014 at 7:56am
God loves Mr. Taulbee
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2014 at 9:19am
Perhaps Mr. Taulbee is Hudini reincarnated.

As for being impressed with the helicopters, I was being sarcastic.Wink
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2014 at 11:45am
From the city's Facebook page:

Swat called out for following incident:
Around 2:38 a.m. this morning, Monroe Communication Center received a call from Sharon Taulbee who stated her husband threatened her with a firearm. Monroe Officers responded to the home (357 Conova Dr.) and spoke to Sharon Taulbee at the end of the road near Lebanon St. and Conova. Mrs. Taulbee stated she fled the home with her three children due to the threat of violence. After speaking with Mrs. Taulbee, officers moved up the roadway and surrounded the home. Officers tried to make contact with Taulbee by phone and at the front door, but no one came to the door.

At 3:25 a.m., the Butler County Swat Team was activated to assist patrol officers. The Butler County Swat team tried to make contact with Mr. Taulbee by phone and loudspeaker, but did not receive a response. Around 7:23 a.m., the suspect was spotted by Monroe Officer Jackson who was stationed on the outer perimeter at Lebanon St. and Conova Drive. Officer Jackson took Mr. Taulbee into custody without incident.

Suspect: Paul Taulbee, age 41 booked into Butler County Jail

Charges: Domestic Violence (Misdemeanor) and Inducting Panic (Felony)
Charges are through Area 2, Court Butler County

-Joseph Campbell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic