Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Cleveland video released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Cleveland video released
    Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 1:39pm
http://gawker.com/new-video-shows-cop-decking-tamir-rices-teen-sister-jus-1678242949

Very curious how a guy who was found unfit for duty in a small town police force and failed a written exam for Cuyahoga County Sheriff's office was able to get a job on Cleveland's police force. 

Oh and let's not forget, it was a 9 year old boy who was shot 2 seconds after cops arrived. And no one bothered to give him first aid as he was lying there, dying, until a bystander in the neighborhood tried, a few minutes after he was shot.

There's video of it. 

Let's hope a similar injustice won't occur in Cuyahoga county as did in Staten Island. 
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 2:34pm
Zapp has already tastefully weighed in on this police killing in another thread.  This is clearly an instance of bad parenting.

Imagine that.  The cops fought to keep the video from being released.  What do they have to hide?   Plenty; that's what.

Originally posted by zapp2525 zapp2525 wrote:

Ya I had something like this

Notice how it is bright in color ?  

I guess my white parents did a better job at raising me (thanks for being involved and teaching me right from wrong), I never walked around a store or a public park with a gun real or fake (that looks like a real one)

My skin color has nothing to do with doing things correctly, but when dealing with a person who thinks it's all about the color of the skin..............and the excuses continue

zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 2:37pm
^ BINGO
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 2:39pm
Bingo what?

a trained cop shot and killed a young child 2 seconds after exiting his patrol car.  A cop that had been found unfit for duty in a neighboring town.

There is a bingo involved alright. 
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 2:41pm
NO BINGO to this 

Zapp has already tastefully weighed in on this police killing in another thread.  This is clearly an instance of bad parenting.
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 2:46pm
So the cop bears no responsibly for pulling the trigger on a child?

OK..LOL
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 3:05pm
Ya to keep the public safe that's their job.

And the kid with the gun in the public park bears ZERO responsibility ?

OK...LOL

MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 5:08pm

[DIV]Ya to keep the public safe that's their job.[/DIV][DIV]
[/DIV]
And the kid with the gun in the public park bears ZERO responsibility ?[DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]OK...LOL
[DIV]
[/DIV][/DIV]

[DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]I agree with CM... A TRAGIC, TRAGIC occurrence!!!  But have to also agree with Zapp....Why was this child brandishing a gun (with the ORANGE "PLAY GUN" point [B]removed[/B])  in a public park?????  Had I been there, I certainly would have been AFRAID (terrified!!!) at the site of a person (child or adult) waving a gun around.  I would NOT have been able to tell you whether (vs. weather [B]CM please note spelling!!) [/B]it was real or a toy----I would just be running and calling 911 !!!  I really empathize with this young man's parents...  what a terrible tragedy for this family!![/DIV]
cmsquare View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:00am

OK...LOL

yeah keep the public safe from a child with a toy gun.

respond to a call about a child playing with a toy gun and shoot him dead within 2 seconds of getting out of the vehicle.

Good thing the cop was there to keep the public safe he did a real bang up job.  One 8 year old citizen DEAD for no real reason other than a cop who isn't fit to wear the uniform gunned him down.

jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:18am

OK...LOL

I know the bad parts of Cincinnati are rife with kids and toy guns, toy guns don't kill people, children kill people. duh.
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:23am
Here's the thing. Why do they react as if the situation was urgent and deadly. They claimed to tell the kid to put down the weapon but if you watch the video, if they said it, they had to be have been saying it at the exact same time as they were shooting him.

So why did they think that this kid, sitting alone at a park with a toy gun was such a threat to others that they had to shoot him IMMEDIATELY upon arriving? I mean THERE IS A VIDEO!  

Don't you want the cops to not be so trigger happy? Maybe assess the situation and then decide what action to take? Also, Ohio is an open carry state. Do we want the cops to just shoot anyone who has a gun in public? 

I'm appalled at the victim blaming that goes on here. Some innocent kid lost his life because a cop shot him upon immediately entering the scene and it's all the kids fault. As if we live in some wild wild west world where it's kill or be killed at all times regardless of how old you might be. A world where the police have ultimate powers and can be judge, jury, and executioner at all times in all situations and we just acknowledge that whatever decision they made was the correct decision.

I also love how people like to project their own lives and experiences and views about how things were back in the day as if they have any relevance to this situation. Who the cares that the kid was playing with a gun that didn't have an orange marker on it? Do you think the cops even took the time to see if he did? A MAN WHO HAS FAILED AT BEING A COP TWICE ALREADY SHOT HIM UPON IMMEDIATELY ARRIVING TO THE SCENE! 

But we're cool with it. Because somehow admitting that the city made a terrible decision to hire him and that this cop made a horrible, tragic decision to fire immediately would be admitting... well I don't know. I've lost your train of thought on this issue. It's absurd to me.

Hey 12 year old boy, sorry you're dead but it's your fault. Sorry you didn't get to experience, you know, life. 
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Matt_Steele Matt_Steele wrote:

Here's the thing. Why do they react as if the situation was urgent and deadly. They claimed to tell the kid to put down the weapon but if you watch the video, if they said it, they had to be have been saying it at the exact same time as they were shooting him.

So why did they think that this kid, sitting alone at a park with a toy gun was such a threat to others that they had to shoot him IMMEDIATELY upon arriving? I mean THERE IS A VIDEO!  

Don't you want the cops to not be so trigger happy? Maybe assess the situation and then decide what action to take? Also, Ohio is an open carry state. Do we want the cops to just shoot anyone who has a gun in public? 

I'm appalled at the victim blaming that goes on here. Some innocent kid lost his life because a cop shot him upon immediately entering the scene and it's all the kids fault. As if we live in some wild wild west world where it's kill or be killed at all times regardless of how old you might be. A world where the police have ultimate powers and can be judge, jury, and executioner at all times in all situations and we just acknowledge that whatever decision they made was the correct decision.

I also love how people like to project their own lives and experiences and views about how things were back in the day as if they have any relevance to this situation. Who the cares that the kid was playing with a gun that didn't have an orange marker on it? Do you think the cops even took the time to see if he did? A MAN WHO HAS FAILED AT BEING A COP TWICE ALREADY SHOT HIM UPON IMMEDIATELY ARRIVING TO THE SCENE! 

But we're cool with it. Because somehow admitting that the city made a terrible decision to hire him and that this cop made a horrible, tragic decision to fire immediately would be admitting... well I don't know. I've lost your train of thought on this issue. It's absurd to me.

Hey 9 year old boy, sorry you're dead but it's your fault. Sorry you didn't get to experience, you know, life. 

I think you Won this thread sir.
Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:26am

Here's the video in case you've never seen a kid shot and killed before.
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:46am
I'm sure your knowledge of everything you would have know it was a toy (the bright toy part was removed)

Look around Avondale here in Cincinnati...........children do kill people with guns 

So now when the cops arrive they should just assume all the guns they see are toys..............great idea Thumbs Down
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 9:56am
I was just being a smartass

Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2015 at 10:29am

I'm sure your knowledge of everything you would have know it was a toy (the bright toy part was removed)

Look around Avondale here in Cincinnati...........children do kill people with guns 

So now when the cops arrive they should just assume all the guns they see are toys..............great idea Thumbs Down

Nope, maybe they should just assess the situation before shooting. Instead of just shooting as soon as they get there.

Is just sitting in the park with a gun a crime in Ohio now? I don't know if the NRA would agree. Sure he's not "licensed" but wouldn't it be better for the cops to understand what situation they're getting into before just shooting?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic