Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jobs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jobs
    Posted: Feb 19 2015 at 7:04am
The WH thinks this is what needs to be done to fight ISIS, man I wish we could re-elect this dude LOL

Maybe next he will give them citizenship and free community college, all they will have to do is hand over their black flag and head gear

Maybe he needs to use common sense more instead of his magic eight ball
Matt_Steele View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2015 at 10:58am
Originally posted by zapp2525 zapp2525 wrote:

The WH thinks this is what needs to be done to fight ISIS, man I wish we could re-elect this dude LOL

Maybe next he will give them citizenship and free community college, all they will have to do is hand over their black flag and head gear

Maybe he needs to use common sense more instead of his magic eight ball

I think you're misunderstanding his message. The simple question is how do you stop terrorism from starting? or why does a terrorist become a terrorist? There's no easy answer. I think he's repeating a common belief about terrorism. That it's mostly poor or discouraged people who get "brainwashed" into extremism. However that ignores that many terrorists (not all obviously) are well educated or middle class people who have no problems getting a job.

I support his desire to change the subject from just killing terrorists to stopping it at the beginning.

However, I must have missed the part about jobs in his speech. When did he say that/what did he say?
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2015 at 11:11am
It's a good point.... 

Idle hands are the devil's workshop

but the message was lost because the media spins everything. This time its conservatives doing the spinning. 
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
jrock1203 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrock1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2015 at 12:52pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

It's a good point.... 

Idle hands are the devil's workshop

but the message was lost because the media spins everything. This time its conservatives doing the spinning. 

LOLLOL

Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic