Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who could this be?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who could this be?
    Posted: Aug 25 2015 at 6:59pm
Bombastic, arrogant, egotistical, pompous, divisive, pretentious, facile..........??
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:13am

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 6:20pm
Guess again!

Oh! And thanks, John, for moving this political query to the correct forum :)
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 7:28pm
The current presidential front runner.
Donald Trump.
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 9:40pm
You got it, Houndog.

Of course,that's just my opinion. According to the polls, many disagree. I sure hope those people will take the time to actually LISTEN to the "stoopid" (HIS favorite word) things he says. I guess time will tell.
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 10:00pm
I think it would great if he ran as an independent and WON.
Finally a change to our 'either' 'or' political bi-nopoly.
We know what we get with Liberals.
We know what we get with Conservatives.
And Mr. Trump is a little of both.
Here is a guy who likes to play the field but make money at the same time.
He won't shame Americans in the bedroom but by God, you had better perform in the boardroom!!
Finally an election with some excitement.

Look at it this way. We have been electing the same two people since 1980.
Reagan.
Reagan.
Bush=Reagan
Clinton
Clinton
Bush=Reagan
Bush=Reagan
Obama=Clinton
Obama=Clinton

Enough is enough. 36 years of the same mentality is soul deadening.
Let's shake things up!! At this point I just want Mr. Trump to start opening up about his plans he's starting to stay rather gray about how he actually plans to do thing.

Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 10:15pm
Make America Great Again
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 10:34pm
Exactly.
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 10:45pm
"He won't shame America in the bedroom..."   mm-mm- mm I seem to recall Marla Maples (mistress) telling Ivanna (still wife-#1)   "..the best sex I ever had."   Is that your definition of NOT shaming us in the bedroom?
What about shaming America at international meetings?    "You guys are all 'stoopid'(remember, HIS favorite word)...you're ALL fired!" "I'm really rich and could buy and sell all you peasants...take it or leave it"

".....rather grey about how he actually plans to do things."?????? He HAS NO plans. He is all blowhard, "I'm rich" (God, if I hear that one more time,,,,aaggghhh!"), rhetoric and braggadacio. A lot of big man talk with no real details.
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2015 at 11:02pm
He's on to wife number three right now.
And guess what?! He has had kids with all of them. And he never had to use Ashley Madsion.

What is your point?
Donald Trump is what America needs.
Enough of this namby pamby intellectual left wing fluff.
Enough of this right wing self righteous holier than thou pandering.

Hard and fast, right down the middle.

MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2015 at 12:17am
Well gee, I sure do admire a man who can have 3 wives, (and who knows how many one-night stands/mistresses)!! And what in the world does his fertility/virility have to do with his presidential qualifications?!

Trump is hardly right down the middle. Historically he has been more left than right. His strategy now is to be LOUD, bombastic and "in your face" to appeal to and bamboozle the disgruntled and disaffected. It furthers HIS OWN goals of making even more money. Trump cares less about 'us' than he does about himself.
vegasmayor View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2015 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Houndog Houndog wrote:

I think it would great if he ran as an independent and WON.

He may face some serious difficulty getting on the ticket as an Independent in all 50 states.  And though he (or anyone) obviously wouldn't need to win all 50 states, Ohio is a biggie.  And we happen to be a "sore loser" state.

Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2015 at 3:29pm
Totally understood. The way the system is set up we're pretty luck we still get a whopping TWO choices.
Haha
basser View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2015 at 3:08pm
Hound dog. What about Bernie Sanders. That's another choice.
Houndog View Drop Down
Voice Council
Voice Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2015 at 3:28pm
I understand where you are going with that. But Bernie is faced with running as a Democrat or not at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic