Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tim Kaine's abortion predicament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim Kaine's abortion predicament
    Posted: Jul 24 2016 at 3:53am

In a 2007 NARAL scorecard, Kaine was described as a “mixed-choice” governor and his state got an F grade thanks in part to a number of laws and other policies restricting access to abortions. Two years later, Kaine upset both local and national reproductive rights groups by signing a law that authorized the sale of customized “Choose Life” license plates

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2016 at 11:30am
I agree with Tim on both issues. Still I could never vote for Crooked Hillary. 
-Joseph Campbell
vegasmayor View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 9:00am
But Trump's morality is suitable for your vote?  I'm very confused.  Or are you saying you're going third party this time around?
Voice Official
Voice Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 11:03am
Sorry you are always confused. 

I am an independent. I had to vote for my brother in the primary so I had to declare. 

My vote is between me and the NSA. Wink
-Joseph Campbell
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 11:32am
Republipendent, gotcha.
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 11:37am
Personally (as an Independent) I think they are both awful choices for President of the United States.  And quite honestly, the VP picks would have been much better men to actually run for the top office.  One ridiculous convention down, one more to go.  
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by vegasmayor vegasmayor wrote:

Personally (as an Independent) I think they are both awful choices for President of the United States.  And quite honestly, the VP picks would have been much better men to actually run for the top office.  One ridiculous convention down, one more to go.  

AGREE!!!
Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2016 at 5:07pm
We really need another conservative like George W Bush back in the White House. I long for the days of a good Christian conservative running the government again. Our country was headed in the right direction, unlike now. Unemployment is sky high, the debt is soaring, freedoms are lost, patriotism is gone and God is not our guiding light anymore. It's sad really.
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Max HC Max HC wrote:

We really need another conservative like George W Bush back in the White House. I long for the days of a good Christian conservative running the government again. Our country was headed in the right direction, unlike now. Unemployment is sky high, the debt is soaring, freedoms are lost, patriotism is gone and God is not our guiding light anymore. It's sad really.

I fear that your sarcasm is lost on most people here.  I cannot believe the good folks at Apple/Google/etc. have not developed a sarcasm font yet.
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 10:20am
Man the DNC checked off a lot of people last night going for their patented we care approach Wink

Hollywood, disabled, illegal, old white dude, old white lady, young black dude, middle aged black woman, and  black youth singer..............who I'm I missing.
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 12:24pm
My favorite part was the scene from outside the event center where a literal wall was constructed to keep people (protestors) out.  It was built to keep people out of the convention where they are voicing their concerns for their opponent wanting to build a literal wall to keep people out of the country.

Irony at it's best.
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 1:33pm
And where they were taking Bernie signs out of peoples hands inside the convention................no need for rights
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 6:49pm

I fear that your sarcasm is lost on most people here.  I cannot believe the good folks at Apple/Google/etc. have not developed a sarcasm font yet.

I got and appreciated the sarcasm until the (2nd to the) last sentence. Unemployment is NOT "skyhigh" ONLY because thousands have dropped out of seeking employment. In my opinion,Freedoms HAVE been lost, Patriotism IS diminished, and God most certainly is NOT our guiding light anymore.    Or perhaps the intended sarcasm of that sentence is that Max HC thinks that those attributes (??proper term??) have NEVER been part of our culture/heritage.?
Max HC View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max HC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 8:28pm
Thank you for the comments. God bless.
retiredmilitary View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredmilitary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 6:15am
Me, I could never vote for a person that can't even safeguard our countries secret information. If she can't do it as Secretary of State then how could she do it as a President? Too many service members loose their career over much less than that!!
dad0f3 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dad0f3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 9:03am

Thank you for the comments. God bless.
Hey "Max", there's only 6 of us here who post.  You can't troll 6 people.  We got ya. Murica.  

Can you do anything besides snarky, atheist hipster?
If it matters, seek the truth.
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 9:42am
dadof3, long time no "see"!  How are you doing these days?  Hope all is well in your world.
zapp2525 View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapp2525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 10:24am
dad0f3 View Drop Down
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dad0f3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 2:24pm

dadof3, long time no "see"!  How are you doing these days?  Hope all is well in your world.

Hey mayor!  Always good to see you posting. I'm hanging in there, but still in shock and disbelief over our nominees.  I disagree with everything Hillary pretends to be and I know what we'll get with 4 years under her.  Trump, as raw and unrefined as he is, is an enigma to a degree.  I honestly don't know what he will do.  He could be great!  He could be an utter disaster.  I don't know man...

Anyway, I'm good.  How are you my friend?  
If it matters, seek the truth.
Voice Citizen
Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegasmayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 2:45pm
I'm doing very well, thank you for asking.  

Yes, this election is such a mess.  I cannot stomach the thought of Hillary as our President.  And, as a reality TV show personality and businessman, I actually like the Donald.  He's entertaining and incredibly shrewd.  But, unfortunately, I'm not sure all of that translates well into the role of President and all the diplomacy and calm, rational thinking that goes along with it.  Add to that the fact that we don't have a strong third party choice either.  Not sure where to go with this election at all.  
MElass View Drop Down
Prominent Voice Citizen
Prominent Voice Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MElass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 10:23pm

I'm doing very well, thank you for asking.  

Yes, this election is such a mess.  I cannot stomach the thought of Hillary as our President.  And, as a reality TV show personality and businessman, I actually like the Donald.  He's entertaining and incredibly shrewd.  But, unfortunately, I'm not sure all of that translates well into the role of President and all the diplomacy and calm, rational thinking that goes along with it.  Add to that the fact that we don't have a strong third party choice either.  Not sure where to go with this election at all.  

Vegas, you and Dad echo my thoughts! If I thought I could REALLY trust Trump to be the Conservative we need (IMO), I would be a lot happier and more confident. I am most concerned about the Supreme Court ( although I will never see the potential disastrous results of a progressive, non-constitutional majority -- should it happen, because of my "advanced" age!) Every election seems crucial but this one more so...simply because of the candidates. (AND the Supreme Court!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic